2020 Reflections, 2021 Aspirations
2020 has been quite a year. We smiled, laughed cried and had all sorts of feelings come our way. For most of us, we felt 2020 would be that year that we hit it big, but Corona happened.
I thank God that 2020 has been a good one through it all. One of the things I decided to do in 2020 was to be deliberate about projects I take on – to not just take these projects because the money is good. In this regard, I would give me a three out of five. I was able to say no to some, said yes to some but they didn’t work out.
In 2020, there were two main things that stood out for my family as answer to prayers. I became a dad and I finally moved to the UK. For this, I am extremely grateful to God.
For 2020, I only looked forward to two things and I am glad both worked out. But aside these 2, there were lots of other events that stood out in 2020.
- Supported my wife more – as simple as it sounds, it’s a lot to me and mine
- I learnt how to say and stick to my NO and not be guilt-tripped into doing things I don’t want to do
- Started livestreaming – as part of my life-long plan to speak to anyone I can about technology
- Grew my YouTube channel from 100+ subscribers to 1k+
- Started a developer focused podcast and grew to over 2.5k listens
- Started investing (not bitcoin or forex)
- Resumed my reading habit (eBooks and kindles)
- Listened to tons of podcasts
- Resumed active music – sax, flute and even got an EWI
In 2020, there were a lot of wins from my friends also
- Many got married
- Some got engaged
- Some got specific answers to their prayers
- Some welcomed their firstborns
- Some got MVP awards
- Some got new jobs
- Some released their music albums
It was indeed a good year overall.
For 2021, I choose to still go with my minimal goals list – just a little bit more.
- Be more present with my family
- Serve God more
- Create more content
- Do more music
- Continually grow my tech skills
- Invest more
That’s it for 2020. Have a great new year!